Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Improvements


Monday we spent the afternoon nailing up fencing around the barn. Dear lord that was a lot of work. My hands are sporting some nice wounds from splinters and sharp edges of the fencing. The hardest part was when the boards vibrated as we hammered them. I think I'm still feeling the reverberations. 


We're getting the area ready for small livestock since it was previously a horse barn. The owner had left some precut field fence that we're using on the paddock. We'll have to sink some of our own money into the pasture to have that usable for our purposes. I'm not sure we're at that level yet. Though this weekend we might be adding a couple new babies to the farm so we might need to ante up. I'm not going to get my hopes up yet on the babeis and spill the secret but if it works out it'll be a huge step forward for farm endeavors. Cross your fingers it works out. I really want those babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment